Coastal Resource Mapping Ltd (CRM) is the parent company of Ag-Intel, a leader in cannabis plant data management systems. CRM is a highly experienced data analytics company with offices in Nanaimo and Vancouver. For over 20 years, CRM has established partnerships in the natural resource sector and all levels of government supplying unique software solutions and geomatics support including drone-based technology. We are currently looking for a new graduate who is a Canadian citizen or has a permanent residency for a full-time, Data Scientist position.
Please note that due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Coastal Resource Mapping team is working remotely. It is important that the new hire have the ability to work remotely and learn quickly in this environment for a seamless transition.
Reporting to the President and supporting Project Managers, the Data Scientist will provide innovative scripting and analytical solutions to in-house staff as well as new and existing customers.
- High-value crops need to be monitored at the resolution of individual plants, in order that individual plants can be evaluated from imagery, the extent of each plant must be delineated on the imagery. This type of work is commonly accomplished by heads-up digitizing with vector object overlays on raster images; however, high plant counts (numbering in the tens of thousands) preclude this option. Therefore, individual plants must be delineated from the imagery automatically using an image processing technique to group raster pixels called image segmentation. One company has developed a data pipeline leveraging Deep Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) technologies to segment individual plants in orthomosaic raster imagery. This project is focused on evaluating raster attribution of individual plants. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- We are looking for individuals with a degree in computer science with experience with E&E,
- Statistics, Math or related discipline with the following skills:
- Data modelling and data architecture skills
- Programming experience in Python, R or Java
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras
- Experience with distributed computed systems such as Apache Spark Microsoft SQL, Hadoop,
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment
- Advanced math skills (linear algebra, Bayesian statistics, Group Theory, Graph Theory) are a plus
- Strong written and communication skills
Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.(Training in some disciplines will be provided.)
What We Offer
CRM provides a dynamic work environment. This is an opportunity to join a focused team of analysts and developers to build your skills with leading tools and technologies. We offer competitive wages with a benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision, and paid vacation.
CRM is presently inviting applications for this FULL-TIME POSITION and as indicated, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, working remotely will be required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed resume by 6:00 pm on May 20th, 2021.
In keeping with social distancing guidelines during COVID-19, all interviews will be held via Zoom.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-05-20
Expected start date: 2021-06-01
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
Contact us today to get started
At Coastal Resource Mapping we work closely with clients to provide the very best in GIS mapping solutions and technical innovation.