Coastal Resource Mapping Ltd (CRM) is a highly experienced GIS analytics company with offices in Nanaimo and Vancouver. For over 12 years, CRM has been working closely with the resource sector to provide affordable integrated software that manages assets and workflows. Due to company growth, we are currently looking for a talented developer to join our team who has both database and back-end application development experience.
CRM’s team of developers builds and maintains several small to mid-sized applications for a variety of clients. Developers often work independently, each taking ownership over one or more applications at a time. The team works collaboratively to explore new technologies, improve our coding practices, and design solutions to more complex problems, but the day-to-day work is often independent.
As a result, this role involves independent full-stack development, from databases and deployments to designing UI and meeting face-to-face with clients. You should be passionate about development, and eager to both learn from and teach your colleagues.
- Develop clean, intuitive web interfaces
- Develop robust, well-designed, testable back-end code
- Design and maintain database architecture
- Deploy updates to application and database while maintaining high availability in the production environment
- Maintain existing software, debugging issues and supporting clients
- Write technical documentation for both internal use and for the end-user
- Research and evaluate new technologies
- 3+ years of application development · Experience in mobile development required, Xamarin.Forms
- Education in Computer Science or equivalent
- Comfortable both working independently and collaborating with the team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Familiar with design patterns such as MVC and MVVM
- Experience developing unit tests and integration tests is an asset
- Experience with our technology stack is an asset
CRM uses several technology stacks. Newer applications are built using our current web or mobile stack, but there are also legacy web applications we maintain that are using a different stack. All our major applications are within Microsoft’s ecosystem.
Experience with these technologies is not essential for applicants, but it is an asset.
- .NET Core/5, C#, MVC
- SQL Server
- Xamarin.Forms, MvvmCross, C#
Legacy Web Stack
- .Net Framework, ASP.Net, Web Forms
- SQL Server
- Leaflet (JS map library)
- Visual Studio
- Python 2 / Python
CRM provides a fun, respectful and dynamic work environment that promotes teamwork and professional accountability. Applicants should be self-motivated and have a positive attitude. This is an opportunity to join a focused team of developers and build your skills with leading tools and technologies.
Salary: $70,000 to $80,000 a year (depending on experience) with a benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision, and paid vacation.
CRM is presently inviting applications for this FULL-TIME POSITION based at our Nanaimo, BC office. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, work from home will be required until lift of restrictions at which time office/home schedule will be negotiated.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed resume by April 18th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted