Permanent/full-time position for an experienced and dedicated Transport Canada Certified Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) technician with experience in ESRI’s ArcGIS software. The successful candidate will work with our Geomatics Operations and continue our UAV applications and services. The position requires high attention to detail and will require intermittent travel for projects in our local area while maintaining established operational standards. The position requires work across diverse industries and situations.
- Transport Canada certified UAV pilot
- 2 years UAV flying experience
- Transport Canada Pilot Certificate – Advanced Operations
- Maintain and operate both our rotary an fixed-wing aircraft
- Coordinate flights within Transport Canada regulations and internal operating procedures
- Flight planning abilities including the use of flight planning software and other tools
- Advanced Diploma in GIS Applications or related University degree
- 3 years GIS analysis experience
- Practical skills and understanding of GIS and geoprocessing tools
- Practical skills and photogrammetric and remote sensing experience
- Ability to develop and maintain data quality standards
- Responsible, accountable and mature attitude
- Troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
Coastal Resource Mapping maintains a safe, respectful and fun environment that promotes teamwork and professional accountability. Applicants should be self-motivated and have a positive attitude and be dedicated to a safe workplace.
- Competitive salary based on experience and competency
- $65,000 – $78,000
- Paid vacation
- Professional development allowance and extended medical and dental
Location: Nanaimo office
Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications is April 23rd, 2021.