CRM is well versed in providing GIS support in the forestry sector. Since 2008, CRM has worked closely with Mill & Timber Products Limited, a privately owned forest company that specializes in focused operations of high-value timber products, such as logging the trees, sorting and milling the logs, and manufacturing lumber for delivery.
CRM supported the daily operations of the Port Hardy Division of Mill & Timber with services such as:
- Project management – Design and implementation of GIS workflows, standard operating procedures, and coordinating between operations managers and contractors.
- Acquiring data from field staff – Organizing and manipulating data to meet the corporate data structure and operational standards.
- GIS analysis – Providing analysis to mitigate the impact on riparian zones, wildlife habitats and important vegetation. GIS Analysis is also used to aid in cut block planning, future harvest planning and forest reconnaissance.
- Storing data – Managing Mill & Timber’s spatial data with on-site servers and ESRI databases.
- Operational level map creation – Template design for multi-scale maps for reporting and field use.
- Web mapping and mobile data collection applications for use in the field.
- Output data preparation and application creation for government submissions.